Head Room is a wide-open venue for exploratory rock and roll, be it vintage pioneers such as the Grateful Dead, contemporary jam-rock, new music from myriad experimental, improvisational, accidental, avant-freak, wyrd-folk, and psychedelic cabaret artists or any other aural anomalies emanating from the nethersphere. Special emphasis is given to interesting offbeat local acts currently making the scene in Los Angeles.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Music Never Stops Playlist--5/29/11

Calm Me Down--Mother Mother, "Eureka"
Go To Man--Life In A Blender, "Homewrecker Spoon"
Taking A Long Walk-- Fletcher's Castorians, "Can You Stand The Excitement?"
Nothing Came Out--The Moldy Peaches, self-titled
I'll Never Tell--Charlotte Eriksson, EP
Never Quite Free--The Mountain Goats, "All Eternals Deck"


Promised Land
It Must've Been The Roses
Black-Throated Wind
Ramble On Rose
Beat It On Down The Line
Loser
Mexicali Blues

--Grateful Dead, 6/18/74, Freedom Hall, Louisville KY


The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Save The Children
Lady Day and John Coltrane
Home Is Where The Hatred Is
When You Are Who You Are
I Think I'll Call It A Morning
Pieces Of A Man
A Sign Of The Ages
Or Down You Fall
The Needle's Eye

--Gil Scott-Heron, "Pieces of a Man"